Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm A Worrywart

I spotted a bit last night. I've read that it's normal, and I've been hyper-vigilant when I pee (TMI I know), but still seeing those tiny red and pink spots made my heart stop. I tried not to worry...but, of course, I worried.

It stopped sometime last night. It was probably nothing, but you can be sure the OB will get an earful at tomorrow's appointment.

Oh. Em. Gee. Tomorrow is my first OB appointment! They will do an ultrasound to date the fetus and it'll be the first time we get to see our little peanut. We may be able to see its little heart fluttering. I've been so paranoid about miscarriage that seeing a concrete image of the baby will go a long ways to ease my mind.

Miscarriage doesn't really run in the family, but I've known a few people who miscarried over the years--sometimes multiple times. It's a scary reality...I have no reason to think I will. I'm (relatively) healthy, only a little overweight, and I'm doing everything in my power to make sure this is a healthy baby. Still, logic doesn't stem that nagging worry in the back of one's mind, does it?

Also, this morning a tow truck driver showed up to repo the ex-husband's car. I thought we had this taken care of...apparently not. I was asleep, and Mike had the wisdom not to wake me and he didn't tell me until I had already eaten breakfast. He has learned the hard way that I don't do well waking up to bad news. :)

God, I do not need to deal with that ass right now. I don't think I will, either. If I don't hear from him soon 'm turning this all over to Mike and he can deal with it. And I happen to know that he isn't happy his pregnant wife is stressing over something she can't control, but the ex can.

Anyway, trying to be very Zen and not worry. Of course, the act of not worrying makes me worry a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment