Thursday, August 12, 2010

Work Woes

There is some tension at my workplace--long story short (and hopefully anonymous enough not rile anyone), I had conflicts with a co-worker. In my humble opinion he was completely in the wrong--well, it's MY opinion, so of course it's going to got that way, but without getting detailed let's just say he broke laws of common courtesy, the state and the US--and in apparently, in his opinion I am a lazy, uppity, ungrateful person.

Okay, fine, differences of opinion. Whatevs. I didn't get you fired, and I didn't quit, so we're going to have to be adult and learn to work around this, okay?

Anyway, all that aside, it seems like I am being completely cut out of the area. I am not included on mass e-mails he is sending out and instead am getting my information completely from my department chair.

I can't help but feel singled out. I came forward because someone was treating me poorly, in a misogynistic and condescending way...and instead of being protected from THAT I am subjected to alienation.

It makes my stomach churn. I'm already uptight about going back to work, but this is making it much much worse.

Maybe I'm being oversensitive. In a way, that might be preferable...

No comments:

Post a Comment