Have I mentioned lately how much I love my students?
I have to remind myself of this on Friday nights because I teach an 8:30 am Saturday class.
But, kidding aside, I really do. They continually surprise me, make me laugh and make me think. If anything, teaching has definitely reinforced lessons such as "Don't judge a book by its cover" and "A little honey will get you more than a lot of vinegar".
This past week I lectured over playwriting, and our in class exercise was a group activity where they got together, wrote a 1-3 minute short play and performed in right there in class. They were funny, creative and thoughtful. Plus, it's always nice to see them laughing and working together. Too often classes feel very segregated and lonely, even when there's 30 other people in the room.
Tomorrow my Saturday class is doing the same. This will be interesting as it is a very small class (about 10 people) and very, very early on a weekend morning. I can't wait to see what they come up with.
No comments:
Post a Comment