Wow, almost halfway there! I can't wait to hold our little Thomas Raymond.
I was a little disappointed at first, when we found out he is, in fact, a he. I had always envisioned a little girl (even though, as a child myself, I always related to the little boys!) and the fact that I was having a son rather than a daughter rankled a bit. I was reassured by several mothers who had been in similar predicaments that the disappoint would fade and eventually be replaced with delight in and love for my son.
They were right, of course. In the stores, I still gravitate toward the little cute pink things but at the same time I'm looking forward to having a son. There are lots of things I am good at that, while I would have loved sharing with a girl, come a little easier for a boy--shooting, fishing, gardening. Also, we've decided to name him after my father and Mike's grandfather, so it makes me feel good to be able to posthumously give my dad that ultimate tribute.
I am in the midst of shows right now, and a little busier than I planned to be, but I'm finding I'm coping pretty well. I'm not nearly as tired as I was in the first semester (although I never pass up a chance at a nap!), and work is SO much smoother post-leave. I've learned not to invest myself too much in the opinions of my co-workers, and instead I devote my time and energy to my students. I've been accused of hibernating, hiding in my office, but it's mostly because I'm busy. Only partially because I don't want to deal with anyone. :p
Incidentally: I have a site tracker! So all of you lurkers who aren't commenting, for whatever reasons--shyness or nefariousness--I gotcha.
No comments:
Post a Comment