I'll blame the holidays, but really I've had tons of down time and no excuse not to write.
Let's see...well, my great nephew was born. He is adorable and sweet and I could just eat him up.
Christmas was wonderful, New Years was a relaxing evening spent on the couch with my sweetie. We went on a "babymoon" to Bandera and stayed in a cozy little cabin--it was fun, and exhausting.
My body is no longer my own. I re-read some of the complaints from previous months and laugh because, oh sister, it is about to get so much worse.
My belly has taken over my body; the aches and pains are excurciating (why don't they tell you this in sex ed?); the baby is starting to "drop", about 10 weeks prior to his due date, and so sometimes I feel like a bowling ball is sitting on my cervix. I failed the one hour glucose test and go back in two days for the three hour test--I may have developed gestational diabetes. :/
Basically: PREGNANCY SUCKS. Hopefully, having that sweet little baby in my arms will make me forget this part of it. Holding my new nephew was a bit of a balm; that warm little bundle, so sweet smelling, grasping my finger and grunting in his sleep...ahhh.
Big ol' baby belly.


No comments:
Post a Comment