Thursday, July 1, 2010

Just Leave Me Alone, Okay?

I'm not sure why people are so hurtful. Why pick at a scab, over and over and over again, and then complain when you get a little blood on you?

All I've ever wanted is to be left alone by the hurtful people, and spend more time with the people I love. Seems like no one has any time for me except the hurtful people. I'd rather be anonymous than infamous, I suppose.

I'm fortunate in that I have a loving partner, and an awesome close friend who gets me. She reinforces the fact that not everyone is an asshole, and some people think and speak and act like me.

I'm not the nicest person. I've never claimed to be. I've tried to be nice, and it's been hard sometimes, but I have tried. I did the whole "rise above" thing, and found out that other's weren't ("they're always trying to talk shit about her, but she never even talks about them!"--a friend to my best friend). I let my guard slip, said something nasty, and now it starts again. Wonderful.

I'm a woman. A person. I have feelings. The ironic thing? I never really had any bad feelings toward half the feeling who are "out to get me". They were just in the scene, nice enough in person, a little nasty when in their cups, but most of them were okay.

Ah well. Live and let live, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment