Tuesday, August 31, 2010

BAM, Take That 12 Weeks!

So today is the day--I've hit the 12 week mark. I'm finishing up the first trimester and starting the second...I've heard people say that pregnancies go by fast. They're right. At least, so far. We'll see if I'm saying that in 5 months when I'm big as a house and grumpy.


My body is slowly morphing. My boobs are huge and a different shape, it's like while I was sleeping someone exchanged chests with me (TMI, I know). I've always had a tummy, but it's been fairly localized and low. Now it's starting to push up and out. For some reason, I assumed since the baby was right below my belly button that is where I'd gain the weight first. Guess not.

We had our first "outside the tummy" ultrasound the other week. The baby is still perfect, kicking and wiggling up a storm, with the most beautiful little profile and snub nose I've ever seen. Those few minutes I can see the baby on the screen it seems real, but the rest of the time I'm putting my hand on my expanding stomach and wondering if it's still in there. I won't feel kicks for another 6 weeks or so, and while it's becoming rapidly obvious that I am, in fact, pregnant I just don't always feel like I am.

I'm back to work. Classes are going great, as usual, and since I don't have to to deal with the bullshit I previously had to deal with my job is pretty damn easy and fufilling. Also, one of my students is named Dresden. Awesome.

So yeah. Basically, everything in my life is moving forward at a leisurely clip: not enough to get freaked out by change, but enough that (most days) I feel like things are continually looking up. The occasional meltdown, but I think mostly that's missing my medication one day (oops!) and the pregnancy hormones.

No comments:

Post a Comment